Sunday, October 23, 2005

English Camp and Football

Today was the first day of the English camp at Chao Tai Mai School. Only 2 hours between 8:30a-3:30p are set aside for English lessons, but even during that time I heard mainly Thai being spoken. Actually, I ended up questioning why I was there because I felt so useless. Still, it's always great to see the kids and their bright smiles.
Eating lunch with the kids
Everyone helps clean up by washing their own dishes after lunch


Football (soccer) makes everything better…
I watched Chelsea play Everton at the Marlin Bar tonight- good game with a tying score of 1-1. The English Premier is the thing right now, I think because there are a ton of Brits present. It’s great!
I feel so filled up with smoke right now. This is still probably the only thing keeping me from moving abroad for a more permanent period of time. Thank God for California, where smoking is not allowed indoors. Everywhere else I’ve been in the world has smoky bars, cafes, restaurants, etc. which makes it difficult for me to go out and enjoy some of the things I love, such as live music, dancing, relaxing and chatting in cafes, eating out occasionally, watching football matches in a pub, etc. Thailand has been no different in regard to the smoking situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home