Monday, September 19, 2005

Leaving Bangkok for Phang Nga

I am currently in the Bangkok office of a wonderful organization- The World Youth Peace Summit. I arrived 2 days ago after 22 hours of flying with one stop in Tapei, Taiwan. Carrie and I made ourselves stay awake until about 8pm before we passed out the first night in Bangkok so we have not suffered much jet lag. We stayed with a girl named MauPrang and her parents, who remind me of my grandparents, last night and the night before. I've learned several things about Thailand and the culture here so far:
- Car steering wheels are on the right side of the vehicle
- They drive on the left side of the road
- The humidity and diverse rainforest foliage remind me of Hawaii- what a great surprise!
- People are very friendly and helpful, even to complete strangers.
- Everything's cheap (i.e. 60 Baht for a nice Thai dinner = $1.50)


MauPrang and I in her driveway

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There! I think what you are doing is sooper. Good luck to you,and have a great holiday.
Sincerly
Daniel Koura
Apache Junction Az.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home