Friday, November 04, 2005

Not Feelin’ Too Well

I haven’t slept much since Halloween, which I hope is the only reason I haven’t felt well today. Last night I had a sore throat and today I felt a little achy, so I left work early and slept all day. Hopefully, sleeping a lot tonight will leave me feeling anew tomorrow…I really want to go elephant trekking in the morning and to play soccer in the afternoon.

It’s good to see that the tourist season has begun in Khao Lak. Over the past two weeks, the number of people in this area seems to have doubled- a lot of German tourists. More restaurants, bars and shops have opened, hopefully providing the locals with a sufficient source of income now.

Another positive note- I got to practice conversing in Spanish last night. Juaqim is a TVC volunteer that arrived from Barcelona this week. He was just as excited to have someone to speak his native language with as I was to be able to practice my Spanish. I can’t wait to find a job in South or Central America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home