Sunday, November 27, 2005

New Pool Tournament Champ

I got sick again (just a head cold) on Friday, so I’ve been spending a lot of quality time with the pillow I don’t have this weekend in an attempt to dream the illness away. I also treated myself to an aromatherapy massage. It wasn’t very good- they should probably stick to Thai massage- but it did remind me that I want to take massage classes and become a certified masseuse. This in turn led me on a train of thought about other classes I’d like to take for fun- singing, music theory, ceramics, glassblowing, painting, cooking, and yoga instruction. Oh, and can’t forget the foreign languages- German, Italian, and French for the near future.

New restaurants are continuing to open and pop up all around. There are too many now to keep track of which ones have the best pad thai or fried mixed vegetables. Some of the restaurants are having a free dinner for volunteers as their grand opening. After trying out one of these new restaurants last night, a group of us went to the Marlin Bar to watch an English Premiere soccer game.

There is a pool tournament every Saturday night at the Marlin Bar. I felt like playing a game, so I joined in the tournament for 50 Baht (~$1.25), not expecting to play more than 1 game. Well, check out http://fishing-khaolak.com/marlin_bar/ to find a picture of the first female pool tournament champ in Khao Lak. Although there was one very good game, I must say it was mostly luck because each game was ultimately won by the competition doing something wrong with the 8 ball- scratched, sunk before the other balls, or sunk in a pocket different from the one called. Check out the website before next Saturday because there’s sure to be a picture of a different pool champ after the next weekly tournament.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koura,
I was born in Thaymuang village, about 7 miles from Lumpi. I used to go to Lumpi waterfall very often as a child. I glad to know that you had visit there. Thank you for the pictures. They reminded me of good old time there.

Visit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home